“Help! I need an emergency dentist near me!”
We take calls like this all the time. We want you to rest assured that when you need emergency dental care, we are here to help.
An emergency dental appointment may be needed for a number of reasons. One of the most common is pain. Pain is never normal. It’s your body’s way of letting you know that something has gone wrong. Don’t spend a lot of time questioning whether to call our office. If you suspect that something is wrong, call us right away. We’ll listen carefully to your symptoms and get you in as quickly as necessary.
Some of the most common emergencies we see at Prosper Smiles include:
- Infections – Root canal infections and gum abscesses are often quite painful and require fast treatment. Without care, you may lose the tooth or the infection could spread.
- Broken/fractured teeth – Injuries and accidents happen every day. Whether you bit down hard on an unexpected olive pit or you caught a fly ball with your mouth instead of your glove, give us a call so we can relieve your pain and save your tooth.
- Teeth knocked loose/out – An injury can also cause a tooth teeth to be knocked out of the socket. When this happens, time is of the essence. In some cases, we can actually replant the tooth and save it. If your tooth is knocked out completely, find it, and gently rinse it (taking care not to touch the roots or disturb any gum tissue on the tooth). If possible, place it back in the socket and gently bite down to hold it in place. Otherwise, place it in a container of milk, salt water, or even your own saliva and bring it with you to your appointment.
- Damaged dental restorations – Crowns, bridges, fillings, and other restorations are designed to be long lasting and sturdy, but just like your natural tooth structure, damage can occur. If your restoration becomes damaged, give us a call.
- Unexplained pain – Are you in pain but can’t figure out why? Let us take a look. X-rays and other diagnostic tests can determine the source of pain that doesn’t appear to have a clear origin.
The goal of your emergency dental appointment is to relieve your pain and stabilize your condition. We’ll then want to see you for a follow-up appointment to discuss your long-term options and plan further treatment and preventive care.
Are You in Pain?
Don’t hesitate another moment. Call our Prosper, TX dental office today to schedule your emergency dental appointment with Dr. Patel.