COVID- 19 Updates and Appointment Procedures
Hello Prosper Smiles Family and Friends,
We hope you and your family have been staying safe and healthy during these unprecedented times. We are writing to provide you an update regarding our dentist office in Prosper, TX and the new protocols that will be implemented based on the guidance provided by the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners (TSBDE) as we face the new normal for the coming months.
Effective May 4, 2020, we will resume providing all dental services including cleanings for new and existing patients. We are grateful for the opportunity to re-open and serve our patients in the 75078 area.
Despite office closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic over the last few weeks, we have received many requests from new and existing patients for appointments upon the re-opening of our dental office. In addition, we are also aware there are many patients whose appointments had to be canceled over the last few weeks and are waiting to be rescheduled. We understand that our patients are eager to schedule their dental visits and we ask for your support and patience as we work diligently to get you all scheduled in a timely manner.
If you have an appointment scheduled for May 4, 2020, and beyond, your appointment is still intact. If you need to reschedule that appointment for any reason, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can accommodate other patients.
We want you to know that the safety and security of our patients and staff members are of utmost importance and priority. We want to assure you that we are taking the appropriate precautions and measures with personal protective equipment during all dental procedures. In addition, all staff members (including front office) will also be required to wear medical-grade masks and/or face shields as recommended by TSBDE when interacting with patients. Furthermore, there will be an implementation of strict social distancing protocols by our office to provide a safe and secure environment for our patients and staff members.
- All patients will need to fill out a questionnaire prior to their appointment. The form will need to be emailed or faxed to our office the day before your appointment. If you are unable to email or fax the form, please bring it with you. If you answered "yes" to any of the questions on the form, please call the office as your appointment will need to be rescheduled.
- Upon arrival for your dental appointment, please check in with office personnel. All patients will be required to do a temperature check by a staff member prior to your appointment. If you have a temperature >100.4 F, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- In addition, due to the size of our waiting room, once check-in is complete, we will be requesting that patients wait in their personal vehicles until their scheduled appointment time.
- We will also be limiting the number of companions during your dental visit. Patients who are 18 years of age and older will not be able to bring a companion to their appointment unless otherwise authorized by an office staff member. If a patient requires transportation by a family member or a friend, the companion must wait in their vehicle. Any child under the age of 18 years of age may be accompanied by one parent only.
- We will also be limiting the use of the restrooms as well, so please be sure to brush your teeth at home prior to coming to your appointment.
Please click here to download and fill out the required patient questionnaire prior to the arrival of your appointment at Prosper Smiles. We truly value the care and safety of our patients and we want to assure you that we will be doing everything we can to protect you and your family. We hope to see you all soon.
Prosper Smiles Family Dentistry Team