Teeth Whitening in Prosper, TX
In today's hectic world of social media presence, your smile is one of your best accessories!
However, it is natural that over time, your smile may become more dull looking, which can cause you to feel self-conscious about it. It is normal for teeth to discolor due to the foods and beverages you consume, or individual lifestyle choices you make. Even aging and some of the medications you take can diminish the color of your teeth.
The good news is that teeth whitening in Prosper, TX, is a non-invasive and effective way to bring your tooth color back to its former glory so you can feel confident about smiling and interacting with other people. After all, when you look your best, you feel your best.
If you are considering whitening your teeth for a brighter smile, or as part of a larger cosmetic treatment plan, Dr. Vimal Patel can help with a customized whitening solution that makes it simple for you to get your beautiful smile back and easily maintain it in the future. Contact Prosper Smiles Famly Dentistry today at (972) 347-9617 to learn more about teeth whitening.
- Exploring Tooth Stains
- Take-Home Teeth Whitening
- Why Choose Professional Teeth Whitening?
- Start with a Teeth Cleaning for the Best Results
- Teeth Whitening and Cosmetic Dentistry
- Maintaining Your Bright New Smile
Exploring Tooth Stains
Your tooth enamel is one of the strongest substances on earth, yet, believe it or not, it can still become stained and discolored. Dental professionals recognize two primary types of tooth stains to determine which teeth whitening product to use:
1) Extrinsic stains: These stains come from external sources. Drinks like coffee, tea, and dark fruit juices, foods like soy sauce, tomato sauce, and balsamic vinegar can stain or discolor teeth over time. While lifestyle habits like smoking cigarettes leave trace yellow stains on your enamel. As you age, these minuscule stains accumulate and cause your teeth to look yellow and dull. You can eliminate most extrinsic stains with professional strength teeth whitening systems.
2) Intrinsic stains: These are the stains that originate from within the tooth and can result from improperly performed root canal therapy, excessive exposure to fluoride, accidental injury, and certain medications such as tetracycline. Intrinsic stains are impervious to traditional teeth whitening treatments but respond well to cosmetic dental bonding and veneers.
No matter which type of staining you are dealing with, your Prosper dentist is prepared to help. Dr. Patel can discuss with you the best treatment options to help you meet your smile goals.
Take-Home Teeth Whitening in the 75078 Area
At Prosper Smiles Famly Dentistry, we offer customized take-home teeth whitening, which is one of the most effective and convenient ways to brighten your smile.
Once you’ve expressed an interest in whitening your teeth and you've decided it's the right treatment, Dr. Patel will create a set of custom-fitted whitening trays for you to take home based on impressions we make of your teeth. Included in your whitening kit will be several tubes of professional-strength whitening gel, and we will show you how to apply the gel to your trays safely.
At home, you fill the trays with gel and place them on your teeth. You will wear your trays for a couple of hours every day and, in about 10-14 days, you will notice your smile looking up to eight shades whiter!
Take-home teeth whitening trays provide you with the freedom to not only brighten your smile now but also in the future since Prosper Smiles Famly Dentistry offers whitening gel you can purchase whenever you need it.
Why Choose Professional Teeth Whitening?
When you visit your local grocery store, you are bombarded with many different over-the-counter whitening products, all promising to deliver a beautiful, whiter smile. The problem is that these products are not as effective as the teeth whitening treatment your Prospect dentist offers, and here's why:
- Dr. Patel has access to a higher strength whitening gel than that which is available at your grocery store
- Your dentist makes custom trays designed specifically for your teeth
- If you have any trouble with tooth sensitivity, Dr. Patel can offer assistance
The stronger whitening gel that your dentist provides means that you'll reach the results you want faster. With store-bought whitening gel, you might never be able to achieve your best smile, or it may take a longer time since it's not as strong.
If you experience tooth-sensitivity when you whiten your teeth, Dr. Patel can also adjust the strength of the whitening gel to ensure that you avoid any problems during your whitening treatment.
Using custom teeth whitening trays as opposed to one-size-fits-all products helps you avoid any trouble with excess whitening gel escaping and causing irritation to your gums or soft tissues.
Start with a Teeth Cleaning for the Best Results
When you are ready to invest in professional teeth whitening, it is a good idea to schedule a tooth cleaning with your dental hygienist before you start the process. Your hygienist will remove any excess plaque buildup on your teeth that could interfere with your results. A thorough cleaning ensures that you start with a blank slate and achieve the brightest smile possible.
Contact Prosper Smiles Family Dentistry at (972) 347-9617 to schedule your next cleaning appointment. We can even take impressions of your teeth for your whitening trays at that same appointment. Don't wait to get started!
Teeth Whitening and Cosmetic Dentistry
If you are dealing with the harsh yellow discoloration that results from smoking, or perhaps stubborn staining from tetracycline that can be difficult to remove even with teeth whitening, Dr. Patel may recommend other cosmetic treatment for you, such as porcelain crowns or veneers.
Even though porcelain restorations don't respond to teeth whitening treatment, the procedure often plays an integral role in cosmetic treatment plans. Dr. Patel may recommend that you whiten your surrounding teeth before undergoing treatment to create your new dental veneers or crowns so they can be designed to match your new smile flawlessly. This ensures that you enjoy the whiter, brighter smile that you've always wanted when your cosmetic treatment is completed.
Dr. Patel may also recommend teeth whitening as a finishing touch for patients undergoing orthodontic treatment or other procedures to enhance their smile.
Maintaining Your Bright New Smile
After you have spent the time and money, creating your new bright smile, you will want to do everything you can to maintain it. Here are some helpful tips for keeping your smile bright:
- Follow a consistent home care schedule: Brush your teeth twice and floss once each day
- Avoid tooth-staining foods, such as dark berries, curry, soy sauce, and marinara sauce
- Limit your consumption of beverages that discolor teeth, such as coffee, tea, red wine, dark colas, or sports drinks
- Be consistent about your bi-annual dental cleanings
Remember, now you also have your teeth whitening trays on hand to update your bright smile anytime you like. So when it's time for that wedding, reunion, vacation, or the next big event, your smile will be prepared!
Schedule an Appointment with Your Prosper Dentist
At Prosper Smiles Family Dentistry, we have created a different kind of dental practice: one that focuses on family, fun, and creating healthy, beautiful smiles. We would love to help you reclaim your whiter, brighter smile with teeth whitening.
To schedule an appointment, please contact us at (972) 347-9617. From our state-of-the-art dental office in Prosper, TX, Dr. Patel and his talented staff proudly provide general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry to families in Celina, Frisco, Plano, McKinney, Denton, and Allen.