Pediatric Dentistry Prosper, TX
Welcome to Prosper Smiles Family Dentistry in Prosper, TX! As our name implies, we love to take care of smiles for the whole family — including even the tiniest smiles! We are experts in pediatric dentistry, thanks to our fun and caring pediatric dentist, Dr. Vimal Patel. We love working with children and teaching them how to properly care for their teeth, even from a young age. If you are a parent searching for a new pediatric dentist in Prosper, TX, look no further!
At Prosper Smiles Family Dentistry, we believe that good pediatric dentistry can be both effective and fun. Kids should not have to fear the dentist, and dentists should be able to work with kids on a level that makes sense to and resonates with them. Our goal is to provide comprehensive, quality dental care for the whole family, and we take extra care when we are treating our very youngest dental patients.
To learn more about our approach to pediatric dentistry in Prosper, TX, keep reading below! You are also welcome to call our pediatric dental office at (972) 347-9617 with questions!
- Can a visit to the pediatric dentist be fun?
- What can I expect during my child’s pediatric dental check-up?
- What is the Prosper Smiles dental team approach?
- How can I schedule a visit with your pediatric dentist?
Can a visit to the pediatric dentist in Prosper, TX be fun?
Yes! Believe it or not, we ensure that visits to the pediatric dentist can actually be fun. With the right attitude and a careful approach to dentistry, a good pediatric dentist can make a world of difference to a child. There is truly no reason for children to fear the dentist or to take that fear with them into adulthood.
At Prosper Smiles Family Dentistry, we love kids, and we love to see our young patients enjoy their visit with Dr. Patel, our Prosper Smiles pediatric dentist. We see kids of all ages, including infants and toddlers. According to the American Dental Association, parents should bring their little ones for their first visit with the dentist soon after the first baby tooth erupts or around their first birthday.
Your child is never too young to benefit from a trip to the dentist! Children’s dental visits are about more than cleaning teeth. Dr. Patel believes that positive dental experiences in childhood set the stage for a lifetime of good oral health habits. When you bring your young child to our pediatric dentist in Prosper, TX, our goal is to slowly expose them to the different aspects of our dental office such as the dental chair and our basic cleaning instruments.
We have created an environment where kids can feel comfortable and at ease. To help make visits more enjoyable for our pediatric patients, we provide a number of special amenities, including:
- Video game station
- Play area with toys
- A snuggly stuffed animal for comfort during treatment
- Cartoons and movies in the treatment rooms
- Blankets and pillows
- A treasure chest full of special prizes
- Nitrous oxide (laughing gas) to help our young patients feel at ease
At Prosper Smiles Family Dentistry, we always do our best to help our pediatric dental patients feel comfortable, relaxed, and right at home. If there is anything additional our dental office can provide or can do to comfort your child, don’t hesitate to let us know! We often speak to parents about concerns or anxieties they have surrounding their child’s pediatric dentistry appointments, and we are here to do whatever we can to help.
What can I expect during my child’s pediatric dental check-up in Prosper, TX?
We take a caring, gentle approach to pediatric dentistry in Prosper, TX, and we want every parent to feel prepared before they bring their child to our dental office.
During your child’s pediatric dental check-up, you will be involved every step of the way. You and your child will arrive and be welcomed to our kid-friendly waiting room, where your little one will be called back by one of our friendly team members. Dr. Patel may want to take digital x-rays of your child’s mouth to get a better idea of their jaw size, occlusion, and teeth placement.
Next, Dr. Patel will examine your child’s teeth and gums, checking for signs of decay or gum disease and the development of the teeth and jaw. Common concerns and risk factors for children’s oral health include:
- Signs of decay on the front teeth as a result of Baby Bottle Syndrome. This easily avoidable problem generally results from the exposure of the teeth to sugary drinks delivered through a baby's bottle. To reduce the risk of baby bottle syndrome, and tooth decay in general, never put your baby to bed with a bottle and only serve milk, formula, or water in the bottle
- Thumb sucking. This common childhood behavior may look cute, but it can inhibit the proper development of the permanent teeth. Frequent thumb sucking can cause the front teeth to protrude and could require orthodontics to correct it later on
- Cavities or pre-cavities throughout the mouth: Unfortunately, tooth decay is a widespread problem among pediatric dental patients. The good news is that cavities are very preventable with regular brushing, flossing, and visits to the dentist in Prosper. If your child is too young to properly brush their teeth on their own, you should help them brush at least twice each day until they can properly hold and maneuver a toothbrush
Once Dr. Patel is done examining your child’s mouth, our pediatric dental team will then thoroughly clean your child’s teeth and, if necessary, apply a fluoride treatment to strengthen the enamel or a dental sealant to protect against cavities. We commonly use fluoride treatments to help give our pediatric dental patients every possible advantage.
What is the Prosper Smiles Family Dentistry dental team approach?
Our approach to pediatric dentistry in Prosper, TX is to work alongside parents and families as much as we possibly can. After all, we see your child only twice a year, while you see your child every day. We believe that by working with parents and their children, we can empower everyone to be an active participant in consistent at-home dental hygiene.
Our pediatric dentist in Prosper, TX and knowledgeable dental hygienists can offer tips for brushing and flossing and strategies for making smile-friendly food and drink choices. We encourage every parent to reinforce these principles in their own home — after all, only you can truly teach your child through example and consistency.
By working together, we can help give your child the best chance for a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums.
How can I schedule a visit with your pediatric dentist?
Dr. Patel is currently accepting new pediatric patients! If your family needs a pediatric dentist in Prosper. TX we invite you to call our dental office today. You can also submit a contact form through our website, and someone from our front desk will contact you with more information.
Our family dental office is open various hours during Monday through Friday, and we also schedule dental appointments over the weekend on an as-needed basis. When you are ready to schedule your child’s pediatric dental check-up, give us a call at (972) 347-9617. We are excited to help make your family’s smiles healthy and bright!