Dental Implants Prosper, TX
While dentures and bridges have offered reliable replacement options for missing teeth for hundreds of years, recent advances in dental technology allow Dr. Patel to provide another solution: dental implants. Comprised of a small, biocompatible titanium post embedded within the jaw bone, dental implants can be topped with a number of dental prosthetics, including porcelain crowns, bridges, and even dentures. For patients who qualify, dental implants offer a number of advantages over more traditional tooth replacements.
Benefits of Dental Implants
The dental industry considers dental implants to be the gold standard of tooth replacement options for several reasons, including:
- Like partial dentures and bridges, dental implants help maintain proper spacing and alignment along the dental arch. Unlike other dental prosthetics, dental implants help preserve bone density within the jaw.
- Dental implants can, with proper care, last for decades, even a lifetime! Dental bridges generally need replacing every 10-15 years while dentures will need to be refitted periodically and replaced every 5-7 years.
- Unlike dentures, dental implants do not require adhesives and will not slip, slide, or click at inopportune moments.
- Dental implants look and feel like real teeth. Most patients report forgetting that their dental implant isn’t a natural tooth.
- Improved chewing ability that surpasses dentures.
Dental Implants at Prosper Smile Family Dentistry
Placing dental implants requires two separate procedures. After performing a full examination of your oral structures and determining that you make a good candidate for implants, Dr. Patel will refer you to a trusted oral surgeon to insert the posts into your jaw. Once the posts have fully integrated with the surrounding bone tissue, a process that requires anywhere from 3-6 months, you will return to Prosper Smiles Family Dentistry where Dr. Patel will secure your custom-fitted crown, bridge, or denture into place.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Prosper Dentist
At Prosper Smiles Family Dentistry, we have created a different kind of dental practice: one that focuses on family, fun, and creating healthy, beautiful smiles. To schedule an appointment, please contact us at (972) 347-9617. From our state-of-the-art dentist’s office in Prosper, TX, Dr. Patel and his talented staff proudly provide general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry to families in Celina, Frisco, Plano, McKinney, Denton, and Allen.
- Emergency Dentistry
- Bruxism Treatment
- Checkups and Cleanings
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dental Bonding and Tooth Contouring
- Dental Bridge
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Filling
- Dental Implants
- Dental Prosthetics
- Dentures and Partials
- Patient Comfort
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Porcelain Veneers
- Preventive Dentistry
- Restorative Dentistry
- Root Canal Therapy
- Sedation Dentistry
- Teeth Whitening
- Tooth Extractions