Porcelain Veneers in Prosper, TX
Exploring Porcelain Veneers
In the early days of Hollywood, studio stars with problematic dentition had their teeth capped with dental crowns. These days, people in search of a gorgeous Hollywood smile don’t have to resort to such extreme measures. Veneers, thin porcelain coverings placed on the front surface of your teeth, can mask a variety of cosmetic imperfections and give you the bright, vibrant smile you’ve always wanted. Dental porcelain offers incredible durability and possesses the reflective, translucent quality of natural tooth enamel.
The Veneer Placement Procedure in the 75078 Area
Before proceeding with veneer placement, Dr. Patel will conduct a thorough examination of your teeth to ensure they have the strength to withstand the placement procedure. If you have compromised enamel or certain outstanding oral health issues, Dr. Patel may recommend a different cosmetic solution, such as bonding or teeth whitening. After ensuring that veneers are right for you, Dr. Patel will prepare the surface of your teeth by removing a minimal amount of enamel. This is a necessary step that allows the veneers to sit naturally along the gum line and avoid an overly large, “horsey” appearance. Next, Dr. Patel will take impressions of your teeth and send them off to our dental ceramics lab. At the lab, a skilled technician will create your veneers using layers of high quality dental porcelain. After your veneers return from the lab, you will return to Prosper Smiles Family Dentistry for fitting and bonding.
Caring for Your Porcelain Veneers
Once securely bonded into place, veneers function as well – if not better – than your natural teeth. You can eat, drink, speak, and smile with confidence. However, to ensure the long life of your veneers, you will want to follow Dr. Patel’s veneer care tips:
- Practice consistent at-home dental hygiene, flossing once every day and brushing twice every day.
- Continue to visit Dr. Patel for regularly scheduled checkups and cleanings.
- Use non-abrasive toothpaste to avoid scratching the surface of your veneers. Dr. Patel and his hygiene staff can recommend the best brand for your needs.
- Avoid consuming foods and drinks that stain natural tooth enamel because they can stain dental porcelain as well. Swap out white wine for red wine, or opt for green tea instead of coffee. Be sure to rinse your mouth with water after eating and drinking to minimize stains.
- To avoid damaging your veneers, don’t chew your fingernails, crunch on ice, or use your teeth to open packages. If you play contact sports or enjoy outdoor activities, wear a protective mouthguard.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Prosper Dentist
At Prosper Smiles Family Dentistry, we have created a different kind of dental practice: one that focuses on family, fun, and creating healthy, beautiful smiles. To schedule an appointment, please contact us at (972) 347-9617. From our state-of-the-art dentist’s office in Prosper, TX, Dr. Patel and his talented staff proudly provide general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry to families in Celina, Frisco, Plano, McKinney, Denton, and Allen.