Prosper Dentist Challenges You to a Quiz about Teeth Whitening
Are your teeth the right color? If they’re not pearly white, you’ve probably thought about whitening them at one time or another. If so, what stopped you? Was it the overwhelming number of whitening options? Picking the option that is right for you can be a bit difficult. What really helps is to have a solid understanding of the teeth whitening process and the different treatments. Take this quiz from your Prosper dentist, Dr. Vimal Patel, and see what you learn about teeth whitening.
Take the Quiz
- True or False: Extrinsic stains cannot be treated with traditional teeth whitening treatment.
- True or False: You can whiten your teeth professionally in the comfort of your own home.
- True or False: Your Prosper cosmetic dentist, Dr. Patel, offers lifetime teeth whitening.
Check Your Answers
- False. Extrinsic stains are those on the surface of teeth, and those are the stains that traditional whitening targets. Extrinsic stains are often caused by drinks with dark pigments like coffee, soda, tea, and red wine. They can also be the result of habits like smoking. Professional teeth whitening can remove these stains and brighten teeth many shades. Intrinsic stains, on the other hand, cannot be removed by professional teeth whitening. Intrinsic stains occur within the tooth and result from overexposure to fluoride, injury, and some medications. Teeth with intrinsic stains will not respond to traditional whitening, but dental bonding and veneers can still offer nice cosmetic results.
- True. Your Prosper cosmetic dentist, Dr. Patel, offers take-home whitening kits, which include trays and a whitening solution. Patients fill the trays with the solution before placing the trays over their teeth for a specified time. In about two weeks of treatment, teeth become noticeably brighter.
- True. After receiving your take-home whitening kit, you will continue to receive free refills of whitening gel as long as you continue to attend your regular, six-month dental visits.
Schedule a Visit with Your Prosper Cosmetic Dentist
Don’t let yellow teeth bring you down. Contact our 75078 dentist office to schedule an appointment or a consultation to discuss teeth whitening with your Prosper cosmetic dentist, Dr. Patel, by calling 972-347-9617. We serve patients from Prosper and the surrounding communities.