Prosper Dentist Has Dental Quiz for Parents
Knowledge is a huge part of parenting. Being well-informed on a variety of topics can prepare you to take action and make good decisions. The same goes for dental care for you and your child. Knowing the proper way to brush or to handle an emergency can make the difference in your and your child’s oral health. So what better way to test your knowledge than with a quiz from your Prosper dentist, Dr. Vimal Patel?
- Do baby teeth require fillings?
- True or False: If your child has a tooth knocked out, you should put the tooth in a plastic bag and take it with you to your dental visit.
- True or False: Brushing often means healthy teeth.
- Yes. Even though adult teeth will eventually emerge, problems can arise if a baby tooth falls out too soon. Baby teeth act as placeholders, and if one is lost early, the surrounding teeth may grow into the vacated area, resulting in orthodontic problems later in life. A tooth that develops a cavity may also become infected if it is not treated. Infections in teeth are capable of spreading throughout the mouth and the body, meaning your child could become sick as a result of untreated tooth decay.
- False. Keeping a tooth’s root moist is very important. Thus, the best course of action is to rinse the tooth and replace it in its socket. If you are uncomfortable doing so, you may be able to place it in milk and hurry to see your Prosper family dentist, Dr. Patel.
- It depends. Brushing too often can actually damage teeth because too much abrasion will wear away enamel. The gums can also be damaged from overbrushing. Try brushing twice a day to keep teeth clean without damaging them.
Schedule a Visit with Your Prosper Family Dentist
Ensuring your child’s regular attendance at dental visits can make the difference in his or her oral health. If more than six months have passed since your child’s last dental visit, schedule an appointment with your Prosper family dentist, Dr. Patel, today by contacting our 75078 dentist office. For more information, email us at [email protected]. We serve patients from Prosper and the surrounding communities.